Flintshire Hall

Flintshire Hall

Flintshire, North Wales

Accommodating 14 guests

Flintshire Hall

Flintshire, North Wales

Accommodating 14 guests

  • View
    Property
    Gallery >

  • View
    Property
    Gallery >

WOW FACTORS

  • Historic House
  • Log Fire
< Back To Search Results

IN SUMMARY

Flintshire Hall is a Jacobean Grade I listed house set in its own curtilage in Flintshire, North Wales. The interior has panelled reception rooms on the ground floor containing carved mantelpieces of historic interest and can accommodate 14 guests in 7 bedrooms. The property offers an ideal venue for a family celebration or a private business meeting.

Location - Flintshire Hall is set at the end of a long private drive, just outside Mold, Flintshire and is surrounded by its own land to ensure complete privacy. It is located centrally from the Midlands, North West England and at the entrance to the North-Wales Coast via the A55 road. It is a 25 minute drive from Chester, 45 minutes’ drive from Liverpool and 1 hour from Manchester. The nearest main-line rail station is Chester from which direct trains to London (Euston) take 2 ¼ hours. It is also located near Liverpool and Manchester airports. Guests can be collected from rail stations or airports as required.

Per week from - £5,550 | Short breaks from - £2,900

KEY INFORMATION

ACCOMMODATION

14 Guests

BEDROOMS

Double Bedrooms: 5 Double Bedrooms, 4 with King-Size Beds and 1 with Double Four Poster Bed
Twin/Double Bedrooms: 2 Double or Twin bedrooms with Super King-Size Beds

BATHROOMS

Family Bathrooms: 4 Family Bathrooms

RENTAL INCLUDES

Linen and Towels 
Toiletries
Newspapers
Utilities
Logs for Main Hall Fireplace
Wi-Fi Internet

CHILDREN

Children: Children and Babies are welcome
Cots: 2 Cots are available (please provide your own bedding)
Highchairs: 1 Highchair is available 

BBQ AND COFFEE MACHINE

BBQ: Yes a Coal BBQ, bag of charcoal included
Coffee Machines: Cafetiere

PETS

Sorry no Dogs or Pets allowed


ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES

Arrival Day(s): Flexible (minimum 2 night stay at weekends)
Check In: After 4:00pm
Check Out: Before 10:00am
Cautionary Damage Deposit: £1,000

ADDITIONAL SERVICES
(for which there will be an extra charge)

Wine
Chef
Visiting massage/holistic treatments
Maid service for linen change
Pheasant shooting can be arranged in advance
Caly pigeon shooting for up to 44 guests
Collection from airports/train station
Lunch or dinner (to be ordered 24 hrs in advance) 

RESTRICTIONS

No Smoking
No Stag Parties, Hen Parties considered
No Weddings
No Fireworks 


THE ACCOMMODATION

Ground Floor

Entrance hall: with medieval screen

Main hall: with original panelling and a large fireplace

Half-panelled dining-room: with a Victorian fireplace

Drawing room: off the main Hall with a large original fireplace

Kitchen: with breakfast area, AGA and back-up electrical Rangemaster hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave and large fridge-freezer

Oak staircase: leading to first floor

First Floor

Three double bedrooms: with adjoining bathrooms

Four poster bedroom: with separate bathroom

Second Floor

One double bedroom: with adjoining bathroom

Two double bedrooms: both with zip and link beds with shared adjoining bathroom

Grounds

The Hall sits in some 100 acres of park and surrounding fields, being part of the Flintshire Estate whose offices are at the rear of the house which can deal with guest enquiries. There is also a resident housekeeper at the rear of the house. The garden on the side and rear of the property consists of the following:

Sitting area in front of house (facing south) with lawn beyond

The historic Llettae and Overseer's cottage

Separate Staff Cottage at rear of property adjoining large walled garden and 17th century barn

There is ample parking in the front and rear of the property. A rear drive connects from the main drive to the barn and staff cottage.


History

Flintshire Hall is a classic Jacobean H-plan house dating from the sixteenth century. It was built by Edward Lloyd in approximately 1625 incorporating a house a century earlier. The property has three architectural features that are probably unique, its entrance hall with medieval oak screen, the late-gothic y-sbûr at the bottom of the staircase and the Llettai, outside, together with overseer’s cottage which provided lodgings for wayfarers and poor travellers after the suppression of the monasteries by Henry Vlll. The Llettae consists of a range of eight small vaulted cells under a stone roof. Originally, the present Flintshire Hall drive was the main road until it was moved by Mr Pennant Lloyd in about 1860. Before that, travellers used to pass near the house and ask for food until Mr Edward Lloyd built the Llettai with overseer’s cottage on the south-east of the house in the sixteenth century. The house is still owned by the family that is directly descended from the original owners, the Lloyd family, since medieval times. The Lloyds of Pentrehobyn are descended from Hywel ap Edwin who was Prince of Wales in 1096 and who died in 1103. Various members of the family have been High Sheriffs of Flintshire and they are a long-established Welsh family. The over mantel in the main panelled hall contains the coat of arms of the Lloyds of Pentrehobyn and of Morgan of Gwylgre with whom they were related. The latter contains 3 English heads granted as a coat of arms in the reign of King John after an attack on the army of Randulph, Earl of Chester, when Ednyfid Fychan gained a notable victory, killing 3 English Captains whose heads he laid at the feet of the Prince of Wales.

SEND TO A FRIEND >

We'll e-mail a property link and short description to an individual or group of your friends

TOP

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Be the first to hear about our latest offers, news, and property listings

The Wow House Company Ltd, Eagle Tower, Montpellier Drive, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1TA, UK | Privacy Policy
© The Wow House Company Ltd
Scotland Cotswolds North Wales Midlands East England South East South West